Asbestos Awareness course for operatives working on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
Asbestos Awareness course objectives
- Relevant Health & safety, Law & regulations, HSE
- Understanding employers & employee's role's & responsibilities
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The importance of & correct selection of control measures & PPE
- The products & materials likely to contain asbestos
- The potential jobs that could result in asbestos exposure
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Emergency procedures to deal correctly with an asbestos incident
- Theory test
- Course close & review
Certificate Valid For 12 Months
Duration & Ratios
- 1 day including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 12 x trainees
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying classroom facilities it must meet current Health & Safety standards & be suitable for the number of persons attending.