Novice course or for experienced operatives using a plant loader securer when working on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
Plant Loader Securer course objectives N120
- Have a basic understanding of relevant Health & Safety regulations.
- Be able to identify different types of transport & explain their purpose, identify major components, basic controls and terminology.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Setup transporter correctly for loading & unloading.
- Identify / explain potential hazards in the work area.
- Load & secure items of plant on transport vehicle ready for transporting on public roads.
- Carry out all end of shift & shutdown procedures.
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice course 2 days inc test.
- Novice test ratio’s – 3 candidates to 1 instructor.
- Experienced worker tests – 6 candidates to 1 instructor.
- Refresher tests – 3 candidates to 1 instructor.
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment, it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have relevant LOLER certification (if required) and manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.