Novice course or testing for experienced operatives carrying out the role of a Slinger/Signaller assisting lifting operations with cranes, Hiabs, or excavators when working on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
Slinger/Signaller course objectives N402
- Relevant Health & safety regulations
- Understanding operator’s responsibilities
- Hazards and danger in the work place, risk assessments, SSOW lift plans
- P.W.E.R & L.O.L.E.R inspections
- Communication and briefings
- Carry out manoeuvre, setting up to lift & place loads
- Correct shut down procedures & storage of lifting accessories
- Theory test
- Practical test
- Course close & review
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice 2 days including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 3 x trainees
- Testing for experienced operatives
- 1 X Instructor
- 6 x Operatives Tests per day
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have relevant LOLER certification (if required) and manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.