Novice course or for experienced operatives using a hand-held Cat & Genny when working on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
Cable Avoidance Tool course objectives N304
- Relevant Health & safety regulations
- Understanding operator’s responsibilities
- Hazards and danger in the work place, risk assessments, SSOW & permits
- HSG 47 & cable plans
- Types and uses of Cat & Gennys
- Pre-use inspection
- Tracing and identification of underground services & marking
- Safe finish and storage
- Theory test
- Practical test
- Course close & review
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice 1 day including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 6 x trainees
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have relevant LOLER certification (if required) and manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.